Glass on the Tracks 2012
November 3, 2012
to 10 PM
701 South Main Street , Grapevine, TX
$25 - $35
Vetro, a glassblowing studio and gallery located on the tracks of the Grapevine Vintage Railroad, auctions off glass works during this annual event. Those visitors who bid high enough to meet or exceed the artist’s secret reserve price take the artwork with them. But if the price isn’t met, the piece is smashed in Vetro’s “glass guillotine.” The shards from last year’s shattered items were used to make a new artwork, which will be up for bid this year with proceeds benefiting EASL (Emergency Artists' Support League). That is, unless it gets pulverized. The party in the parking lot also includes glassblowing demonstrations, a pyrotechnics performance by Greg Schaatt and a performance by Austin musician Graham Wilkinson.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Esparza's: $5 margaritas and swirls
- Tap-In Grill and Pub: $2.50 domestics / $3 Shiner Bock / $3.50 wells / $3.50 house wines
- Saltgrass Steak House: $1.50 drafts (12 oz.), $1 off all bar drinks, 1/2 price appetizers
- Outback Steakhouse: $1 off wells, house wine, drafts, margaritas
- Pluckers Wing Bar: $4 Mother Plucker (34 oz) Mugs of Bud Light
- Theater review: Leading Ladies serves gold diggers, plot twists and consecutive laughs on a silver spoon
- Video: Slabs of ice rapidly slide off Great Wolf Lodge
- Theater review: Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson will make you love leather pants
- Theater review: Runway Theatre plays Talking Pictures as a sincere drama with a dash of comedy
- Grapevine shop hosts royal baby watch party