Glass on the Tracks 2012
November 3, 2012
to 10 PM
701 South Main Street , Grapevine, TX
$25 - $35
Vetro, a glassblowing studio and gallery located on the tracks of the Grapevine Vintage Railroad, auctions off glass works during this annual event. Those visitors who bid high enough to meet or exceed the artist’s secret reserve price take the artwork with them. But if the price isn’t met, the piece is smashed in Vetro’s “glass guillotine.” The shards from last year’s shattered items were used to make a new artwork, which will be up for bid this year with proceeds benefiting EASL (Emergency Artists' Support League). That is, unless it gets pulverized. The party in the parking lot also includes glassblowing demonstrations, a pyrotechnics performance by Greg Schaatt and a performance by Austin musician Graham Wilkinson.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Outback Steakhouse: $1 off wells, house wine, drafts, margaritas
- Big Fish Seafood Grill & Bar: $2 domestic bottle or draft beers, $3 house wine & well drinks
- Flip's Patio Grill: $2.50 domestic pints, $3 select import pints, $3 wells
- Tap-In Grill and Pub: $2.50 domestics / $3 Shiner Bock / $3.50 wells / $3.50 house wines
- El Fenix Mexican Restaurant: $1 off all liquor
- Theater review: The spirit of NOLA flows through the characters of A Streetcar Named Desire
- Review: Bread Haus German bakery in Grapevine delights in all things sweet
- Theater review: Always A Bridesmaid follows four life-long friends down the aisle in a raucous romantic comedy
- Mercedes from Glee to be at BlissDom conference in Grapevine
- Police still searching for escaped felon in Grapevine