DFW Diwali Mela
November 3, 2012
1300 Robert B. Cullum Boulevard , Dallas, TX
$5 - $7
Diwali is the Festival of Lights celebrated throughout South Asia to mark the triumph of good over evil. The Dallas-Fort Worth Indian Cultural Society’s annual celebration will be illuminated with fireworks, a laser show, and Ravan Dahan, the burning of an effigy of the demon king Ravana who was defeated by Lord Shri Rama. The event, which regularly draws a crowd of 50,000 people, will also have displays by cultural groups, Bollywood performances, camel and elephant rides, an area for children with attractions such as a bounce house and a train ride and more than a hundred vendors, including some offering vegetarian food.
Photo by Jenn Ackerman / Dallas Morning News
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her:
- Dallas-based Pecan Lodge is Texas Monthly's second-best barbecue joint, sort of