18th Annual Dog Day Afternoon
November 4, 2012
to 3 PM
8007 East Northwest Highway , Dallas, TX
Operation Kindness’ Dog Day Afternoon event was rescheduled to Nov. 4, 2012 due to rain. Operation Kindness, the oldest and largest no-kill animal shelter in North Texas, will host its 18th Annual Dog Day Afternoon event presented by Pet Supplies “Plus” on Sunday, Nov. 4, 2012 from 11 AM – 3 PM at Dallas’ Flag Pole Hill Park at White Rock Lake (8100 Doran Circle, Dallas, TX). This popular annual festival is Operation Kindness’ most heavily attended event – more than 2,000 attendees from all over the Metroplex bring their dogs for an afternoon of fun while benefiting homeless and unwanted animals. The event is free of charge and families are invited to bring their pooches.
ACTIVITIES: Vendors will be giving away free items including: dog food, treats and toys; Canine contests; Best Costume; Stupid Pet Tricks; Doggie Bulldozer; Best Pooch Smooch; Food trucks; Live music; Puppy kissing booth; Pet CPR; Free goodie bags for the first 1,000 people; Face painting for the kids; Free microchipping for the first 45 dogs sponsored by Natural Balance Pet Foods.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- Photos: Sarah Jessica Parker shows off fancy footwear Sunday in Dallas
- New growler shop in East Dallas now open
- Lakewood Brewing Co. serves up tequila barrel-aged beers this weekend
- Check out the Dallas Arboretum's spring flowers for just $5
- Theater review: Come on into Echo Room, the temporary club in Bath House Cultural Center