Sammons Jazz: Blues, Horns, and Voices
November 7, 2012
to 10 PM
3630 Harry Hines Blvd. , Dallas, TX
$35 - $40
The third concert of the Fall Sammons Jazz Season kicks off with drummer Duane Durrett fronting his group - Mack Goldsbury, Duane Durrett & The Texas Connection. This ensemble honors the legendary collaboration of Johnny Hartman and John Coltrane and will feature Mack Goldsbury on saxophones and flute, Victor Cager on vocals, Kelly Durbin on piano, and Lou Harlas on bass. The Ryan McCullough Quartet Featuring Victor Cager and Tatiana Mayfield takes you into the second set celebrating the blues with Ryan McCullough--from Corner Pocket, the ultimate Swing Combo-- leading on saxophones & clarinet. He is backed by the hard-swinging rhythm section composed of Clark Erickson on piano, Lynn Seaton on bass, and Andrew Griffith on drums. Accompanying the band will be vocalists Victor Cager and Tatiana Mayfield.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Vino 100: Half price wine by the glass
- The Ginger Man: $1 off most pints and talls
- Dream Cafe: Half off all European bottle wines
- Morton's, The Steakhouse: Power Hour - $5 select wines by glass, $4 select beers, special cocktail of the day
- Steel Restaurant and Lounge: $5 featured cocktails, discounts on draft beers and featured wine
See more events classified as:
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas
- Sarah Jaffe added to stacked Homegrown Fest lineup