Sammons Jazz: Blues, Horns, and Voices
November 7, 2012
to 10 PM
3630 Harry Hines Blvd. , Dallas, TX
$35 - $40
The third concert of the Fall Sammons Jazz Season kicks off with drummer Duane Durrett fronting his group - Mack Goldsbury, Duane Durrett & The Texas Connection. This ensemble honors the legendary collaboration of Johnny Hartman and John Coltrane and will feature Mack Goldsbury on saxophones and flute, Victor Cager on vocals, Kelly Durbin on piano, and Lou Harlas on bass. The Ryan McCullough Quartet Featuring Victor Cager and Tatiana Mayfield takes you into the second set celebrating the blues with Ryan McCullough--from Corner Pocket, the ultimate Swing Combo-- leading on saxophones & clarinet. He is backed by the hard-swinging rhythm section composed of Clark Erickson on piano, Lynn Seaton on bass, and Andrew Griffith on drums. Accompanying the band will be vocalists Victor Cager and Tatiana Mayfield.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Vino 100: Half price wine by the glass
- JR's Bar & Grill: $3.25 calls (premium and below, including domestic bottled beer)
- Sfuzzi: $1 off all drinks, half-price pizza
- Stoneleigh P: $2.75 drafts, $3.50 wells
- Social House: $1 dollar off any draft beer, $1 dollar off wells, $2 off any wine by the glass, half-off Crown and Downs, half-off select appetizers, half-off all pizzas
See more events classified as:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy