November 8, 2012
to 7 PM
3120 McKinney Ave. , Dallas, TX
What makes contemporary art truly contemporary? Artistic currency is more than a matter of how popular or "hot" an artist may be. Artistic currency has much to do with both how and why contemporary artists make the work they do, the contexts in which they create, and what audiences are inspired to think and say in response to their art.
This fall, The MAC and The Writer's Garret will continue congruent educational outreach initiatives to present Spin Off, a series of multidisciplinary panel discussions giving audiences a rare opportunity to get involved in those larger conversations that continue to define contemporary art, its practice, its theory, its history, and its meaning. Discussion topics are inspired by current MAC exhibitions and are tied loosely to themes and ideas presented in these exhibitions. By bringing together panels consisting of a diverse collection of scholars, critics and artists working across various fields of study, Spin Off will thoughtfully explore the most exciting and influential ideas and trends in today's art.
Spin Off is free and open to the public.
November 8; 6:00-7:00p - Graphic Texts
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- The Ginger Man: $3 pints
- Truluck's: half-price food from the lounge menu
- Sunset Lounge: $3 you-call-its
- Jorge's Tex-Mex Cafe: $6 house margaritas / $5 wells / $5 house wines / $4 import beers / $3 domestic beers
- JR's Bar & Grill: $1.25 Schnapps Tooters, jello shots & cherry bombs / $2.25 wells / $3.25 domestic longnecks / $3.25 calls / $4.25 premium drinks & premium drafts
See more events classified as:
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?