On the Run: Clodion’s Bacchanalian Figures
The Ninth Annual Michael L. Rosenberg Lecture
November 8, 2012
Join Anne Poulet, former director of the Frick Collection, for a discussion of the work of French sculptor Clodion, including two masterpieces in the Michael L. Rosenberg Collection. These terracotta sculptures of running bacchantes, followers of the Roman god Bacchus, are perfect examples of the artist's technical prowess and dynamism. Poulet has published widely on Clodion and curated important exhibitions of his sculpture at the Louvre Museum and the Frick Collection.
Included in general admission. Reserve your seat online at www.tickets.DallasMuseumofArt.org or by phone at 214-922-1818.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Hooters: $2 domestic bottles
- TePheJez: changes weekly
- Charlie Palmer: $5 select cocktails; $3 Bud Light, Budweiser and Miller Light; $7 select wines by the glass
- Dakota's Steakhouse: $$2 Bud Light draft, $2.50 margaritas, $3 well drinks, $3.50 Bellinis, $3.50 house wines
- Arcodoro & Pomodoro Ristoranti Italiani: $4 12 oz. Moretti Birra, $5 Bellini, $6 16 oz. Moretti Birra, $7 Pinot Grigio, $7 Chanti, $7 Barbera, $8.50 well drinks / free finger foods
See more events classified as:
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her: