Good vs. Evil: An Evening with Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert
November 9, 2012
525 Commerce Street , Fort Worth, TX
$44 - $165
Performing Arts Fort Worth welcomes Good Vs. Evil: An Evening with Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert to Bass Performance Hall on Friday, November 9, 2012, at 8:00 p.m.
In this evening of storytelling, two of the world’s most well-known food and restaurant personalities, Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert, will muse on the place of food in our personal, community and global lives, sharing frank and provocative insight into what really goes on behind closed kitchen doors.
Anthony Bourdain has been dubbed “the bad boy of cuisine” for his rock star look and blunt observations about the world of restaurants, chefs and cooking. Bourdain, the former executive chef at New York’s famed bistro Les Halles, is the author of the bestselling novels, Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, and most recently Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook. His show on The Travel Channel, No Reservations, has been nominated for an Emmy and is currently filming its final season. Bourdain will debut a new show on CNN in 2013.
Eric Ripert’s Le Bernardin continues to receive universal critical acclaim for its food and service. The Zagat Guide has recognized the restaurant as the “Best Food” in New York City for seven consecutive years. Ripert has also served as guest judge (and “fan favorite”) on Bravo’s Top Chef for the past four seasons. Ripert recently published his fourth book, Avec Eric: A Culinary Journey with Eric Ripert. Ripert’s other books include On the Line and A Return to Cooking and the Le Bernardin Cookbook.
Each of their books will be available for purchase on site from Barnes & Noble, the official bookseller for the event.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Embargo: $2 domestics, $2.50 wells, $3 margaritas, $5.75 mojis
- Ojos Locos Sports Cantina: $1.95 domestic draft pints, half-price margaritas and mojitos, $1 off bottled cerveza, $2 off 60oz Balones, $5 off 100oz Balones
- Paddy Red's Irish Pub: $3 wells, $2.75 pints, $5 pitchers, $3.25 Long Islands
- Ruth's Chris Steak House: $7 cocktails / $7 wines
- Razzoo's Cajun Cafe: $2.25 domestic pints, $3 wells, $3.50 Frozen Hurrycanes and Mardi Ritas, $5 Hurrycane Rocks and Swamp Thangs, half-price appetizers
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- Chef Tim Love: Despite Lonesome Dove fire, "we will reopen stronger"