November 9, 2012
Crowns, by noted actor and playwright Regina Taylor, is an inspiring musical that captures the journey of a young woman following a tragedy in Brooklyn. It is a joy-filled celebration of the human spirit told through the eyes of wise Southern women. Through the masterful storytelling of these women, Yolanda finds comfort and strength as they explain the rituals connected to their dazzling hats and trace the roots of music from gospel through present day hip-hop. Crowns is a must-see celebration of song, dance, and cultural history!
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
See more events classified as:
- Male cat with tuxedo markings lost in DeSoto
- Theater review: AART's A Lesson Before Dying demands thoughtful reflection
- Theater review: Dallas writer Regina Taylor's Crowns comes to life at the African American Repertory Theater
- Theater review: Beauty Is A Beast at Crossover Arts Summer Theatre Program in DeSoto
- Theater review: Warriors Don't Cry at Corner Theatre in DeSoto