Lone Star Film Festival - Hyde Park On Hudson
November 9, 2012
220 East Third Street , Fort Worth, TX
In June 1939, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and his wife Eleanor host the King and Queen of England for a weekend at the Roosevelt home at Hyde Park on Hudson, in upstate New York - the first-ever visit of a reigning English monarch to America. With Britain facing imminent war with Germany, the Royals are desperately looking to FDR for support. But international affairs must be juggled with the complexities of FDR's domestic establishment, as wife, mother, and mistresses all conspire to make the royal weekend an unforgettable one. Seen through the eyes of Daisy, Franklin's neighbor and intimate, the weekend will produce not only a special relationship between two great nations, but, for Daisy - and through her, for us all – a deeper understanding of the mysteries of love and friendship.
Information from the festival's website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Ojos Locos Sports Cantina: $1.95 domestic draft pints, half-price margaritas and mojitos, $1 off bottled cerveza, $2 off 60oz Balones, $5 off 100oz Balones
- Reata: $1 off wells / $1 off longnecks / $3 margaritas
- Ruth's Chris Steak House: $7 cocktails / $7 wines
- Malone's Pub: $1.75 longnecks
- Ferre Ristorante & Bar: $3 drafts, $3 wells, $5 house wine
See more events classified as:
- Totally RAWsome photos of WWE Raw in Fort Worth
- Video: Throwback drive-in movie theater now open in Fort Worth
- Concert review: The Band Perry's tender lyrics were overpowered by loud music at Billy Bob's Texas
- Several DFW bands announced for Dia de los Toadies in Fort Worth
- Theater review: Technophiles must flock to Amphibian Stage Production's The Agony and the Ecstacy of Steve Jobs