November 10, 2012
Art Con’s so-not-silent auction will have works created by more than 150 artists on 18-inch by 18-inch plywood boards, and the bids start at $20. Pieces have sold for hundreds of dollars at previous shows due to the caliber of local artists and the auctioneers working hard to keep audience members bidding. After seven years in West Dallas, Art Conspiracy moves to the Dallas Design District this year. Burning Hotels, Blackstone Rangers, and Daniel Hart will perform on a stage designed by artist Edward Ruiz. The beneficiaries are Girls Rock Dallas and the ceramics program at W.T. White Academy of Visual and Performing Arts.
Photo by Can Turkyilmaz
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse: $2 drafts and $2.50 wine
- Ten Sports Grill: $2.50 domestics / $2.50 wells / $1 off premium drafts / $2.50 frozen drinks
- Cadillac Bar: $1 off beer, wells and margaritas
- Saint Ann Restaurant & Bar: half-price bottles of wine priced $50 or less
- Ten Sports Grill: $15 domestic beer buckets / $3 bloody mary / $2 mimosa
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas
- Sarah Jaffe added to stacked Homegrown Fest lineup
- Review: Kessler Cookie Company will keep you coming back for more