November 10, 2012
Art Con’s so-not-silent auction will have works created by more than 150 artists on 18-inch by 18-inch plywood boards, and the bids start at $20. Pieces have sold for hundreds of dollars at previous shows due to the caliber of local artists and the auctioneers working hard to keep audience members bidding. After seven years in West Dallas, Art Conspiracy moves to the Dallas Design District this year. Burning Hotels, Blackstone Rangers, and Daniel Hart will perform on a stage designed by artist Edward Ruiz. The beneficiaries are Girls Rock Dallas and the ceramics program at W.T. White Academy of Visual and Performing Arts.
Photo by Can Turkyilmaz
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas