November 10, 2012
Art Con’s so-not-silent auction will have works created by more than 150 artists on 18-inch by 18-inch plywood boards, and the bids start at $20. Pieces have sold for hundreds of dollars at previous shows due to the caliber of local artists and the auctioneers working hard to keep audience members bidding. After seven years in West Dallas, Art Conspiracy moves to the Dallas Design District this year. Burning Hotels, Blackstone Rangers, and Daniel Hart will perform on a stage designed by artist Edward Ruiz. The beneficiaries are Girls Rock Dallas and the ceramics program at W.T. White Academy of Visual and Performing Arts.
Photo by Can Turkyilmaz
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Palomino European Bistro: $4 select beers / $4 select wines / $5 Guinness & Stella Artois / $5 cranberry mojito, pomegranate margarita and candied apple drop
- Ocean Prime: $7 select wines by the glass / $7 select cocktails / $3 domestics / $4 imports
- Ten Sports Grill: $3 domestic light beers
- City Tavern: $3 Domestic Bottles
- The Common Table: $1 off Imperial pints, $1 off bottled beer, $1 off cocktail creations, $1 off wells
- Review: Don't miss brunch at Kitchen LTO in Trinity Groves
- Before Miley's Dallas concert: She promises "every show is going to be different"
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers