Music and Masterpieces
November 10, 2012
1717 North Harwood St. , Dallas, TX
Music & Masterpieces, a new interdisciplinary partnership between the Dallas Opera and the Dallas Museum of Art, unites the performing arts with the visual arts in a new and exciting way. Each Music & Masterpieces program includes a performance by world-renowned musicians inspired by the DMA’s special exhibitions or collection, followed by a gallery tour given by a curator or local expert. Through this pairing, visitors gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of both art forms and the influences they have on one another within a shared theme, era, or culture.
Inspired by the exhibition Posters of Paris: Toulouse-Lautrec and His Contemporaries, Nathalie Paulin, a French-Canadian soprano, will perform music ranging from late 19th-century French opera to art songs and Parisian bistro chansons. Following the performance, go on a tour of the exhibition. Space on the tour is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis the day of the event.
Soprano Nathalie Paulin has established herself in the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Far East as an interpretive artist of the very first rank. Winner of a Dora Mavor Moore Award for Outstanding Opera Performance, she has collaborated with internationally renowned conductors including Jane Glover, Antony Walker, Sir Roger Norrington, Richard Bradshaw, Graeme Jenkins, and Andrew Litton on both the concert platform and in opera. The Dallas Opera featured her in Carmen and Cunning Little Vixen.
Performance at 2:00 p.m., Tour at 3:00 p.m.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- The Common Table: $1 off Imperial pints, $1 off bottled beer, $1 off cocktail creations, $1 off wells
- Primebar: $3 domestic beer, $4 wells, $6 house wine, half-off selected appetizers
- McKinney Avenue Tavern: $1 off
- Boxwood T & G: $1 off drafts, $5 featured wine, $5 featured craft cocktails, and $5 featured small plates
- Enchilada's: $1 off all drinks
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day