Music and Masterpieces
November 10, 2012
1717 N. Harwood St. , Dallas, TX
Music & Masterpieces, a new interdisciplinary partnership between the Dallas Opera and the Dallas Museum of Art, unites the performing arts with the visual arts in a new and exciting way. Each Music & Masterpieces program includes a performance by world-renowned musicians inspired by the DMA’s special exhibitions or collection, followed by a gallery tour given by a curator or local expert. Through this pairing, visitors gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of both art forms and the influences they have on one another within a shared theme, era, or culture.
Inspired by the exhibition Posters of Paris: Toulouse-Lautrec and His Contemporaries, Nathalie Paulin, a French-Canadian soprano, will perform music ranging from late 19th-century French opera to art songs and Parisian bistro chansons. Following the performance, go on a tour of the exhibition. Space on the tour is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis the day of the event.
Soprano Nathalie Paulin has established herself in the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Far East as an interpretive artist of the very first rank. Winner of a Dora Mavor Moore Award for Outstanding Opera Performance, she has collaborated with internationally renowned conductors including Jane Glover, Antony Walker, Sir Roger Norrington, Richard Bradshaw, Graeme Jenkins, and Andrew Litton on both the concert platform and in opera. The Dallas Opera featured her in Carmen and Cunning Little Vixen.
Performance at 2:00 p.m., Tour at 3:00 p.m.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Primebar: $3 Pabst Blue Ribbons, $4 wells, $5 Redbull and Vodkas, half-priced selected appetizers
- Ocean Prime: $7 select wines by the glass / $7 select cocktails / $3 domestics / $4 imports
- Blackfriar Pub: $1 off all draughts
- Fedora Northern Italian: $2.50 domestic bottles, $3.50 long island iced teas, $4.50 premium wells / $6 pizzas
- RJ Mexican Cuisine: $4.00 Margaritas
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling