Lone Star Film Festival - The Sapphires
November 11, 2012
220 East Third Street , Fort Worth, TX
Inspired by a true story, this delightful and invigorating film follows four vivacious, young, and talented Australian Aboriginal girls from a remote mission as they learn about love, friendship, and war when their all-girl group, The Sapphires, entertains the U.S. troops in Vietnam in 1968. Cynthia, Gail, Julie, and Kay are discovered by Dave (O'Dowd from “The IT Crowd” and Bridesmaids), a good-humored talent scout with a kind heart, very little rhythm, and a great knowledge of soul music. As their manager, Dave books the sisters their first true gig, giving them their first taste of stardom, and brings them to Vietnam to sing for the American Troops.
Information from the festival's website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Ferre Ristorante & Bar: $3 drafts, $3 wells, $5 house wine
- Embargo: $2 domestics, $2.50 wells, $3 margaritas, $5.75 mojis
- Ruth's Chris Steak House: $7 cocktails / $7 wines
- Scat Jazz Lounge: $2.50 Texas beers, $2.50 domestic beers, $3.50 wells, $5 house martinis, $5 specialty martinis
- Paddy Red's Irish Pub: $3 wells, $2.75 pints, $5 pitchers, $3.25 Long Islands
See more events classified as:
- Theater review: Stage West's Stones in his Pockets brings high-energy laughs
- Totally RAWsome photos of WWE Raw in Fort Worth
- Video: Throwback drive-in movie theater now open in Fort Worth
- Concert review: The Band Perry's tender lyrics were overpowered by loud music at Billy Bob's Texas
- Several DFW bands announced for Dia de los Toadies in Fort Worth