2012 Mountain Man Weekend Gathering
November 11, 2012
2602 Mayfield Road , Grand Prairie, TX
If you have camped out, been a member of the Boy or Girl Scouts, or have any interest in American history, you will be intrigued by the pre-1840s costumes that will be showcased at Traders Village.
This special weekend will begin each day at 10:00 AM. Through song, storytelling and historical reenactment of an era unfamiliar to us all, Mountain Man Gathering will provide a window to the past with authenticity as the key. Mountain Man demonstrations will include: beading, tomahawk and knife throwing, firestarting, blacksmithing, soapmaking and Native American Roach Making. Traders and sellers will include Wooden Hawk Trading Co., Watchful Eagle Trading Post, J. T.'s Flaming Rose Trading Co., Just Jeannie's, Creative Blacksmithing, Tree's Stumps & Logs, and Sleeping Bear Forge.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- Male Yorkshire Terrier found in Grand Prairie
- Concert review: Kenny Chesney offers escape from reality at laid-back Cowboys Stadium show
- Taco review: Tacos La Banqueta in Arlington
- Fast food place Go Loco to open five stores in Texas by year’s end
- Grand Prairie’s Kirby Creek Natural Science Education Center powers forward with environmental education