2012 Dallas Veterans Day Parade
November 12, 2012
1500 Marilla Street , Dallas, TX
This year’s parade honors the 70th anniversary of the Doolitte Raid when bombers attacked Japan’s largest island. The mission boosted morale back home because at the time some feared Japan might be invincible. Lt. Col. Edward J. Saylor, who took part in the raid, will lead the parade in his role as grand marshal. The procession will include more than 150 entries from the military and veterans’ organizations, marching bands, Dallas ISD Junior ROTC units, and others. It starts at 11:20 a.m. at Union Station and ends at Dallas City Hall, which will host ceremonies for enlistment and in memoriam beginning at 10:50 a.m.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Hoffbrau Steaks: $2 beer on tap
- Absinthe Lounge: $2 drafts, $3 wells, $4 calls, $5 martinis
- Avanti Restaurant Fountain Place: $2.50 Domestic Beers, $3.50 Imported Beers, $4.50 House Wine
- RJ Mexican Cuisine: $4.00 Margaritas
- Pastime Tavern: Cheap Beer Night: Lonestar, Pearl, and Pabst Blue Ribbon for only $1.50
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy