2012 Dallas Veterans Day Parade
November 12, 2012
1500 Marilla Street , Dallas, TX
This year’s parade honors the 70th anniversary of the Doolitte Raid when bombers attacked Japan’s largest island. The mission boosted morale back home because at the time some feared Japan might be invincible. Lt. Col. Edward J. Saylor, who took part in the raid, will lead the parade in his role as grand marshal. The procession will include more than 150 entries from the military and veterans’ organizations, marching bands, Dallas ISD Junior ROTC units, and others. It starts at 11:20 a.m. at Union Station and ends at Dallas City Hall, which will host ceremonies for enlistment and in memoriam beginning at 10:50 a.m.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair