2012 Dallas Veterans Day Parade
November 12, 2012
1500 Marilla St. , Dallas, TX
This year’s parade honors the 70th anniversary of the Doolitte Raid when bombers attacked Japan’s largest island. The mission boosted morale back home because at the time some feared Japan might be invincible. Lt. Col. Edward J. Saylor, who took part in the raid, will lead the parade in his role as grand marshal. The procession will include more than 150 entries from the military and veterans’ organizations, marching bands, Dallas ISD Junior ROTC units, and others. It starts at 11:20 a.m. at Union Station and ends at Dallas City Hall, which will host ceremonies for enlistment and in memoriam beginning at 10:50 a.m.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas