Echo Reads: Wedding Band
November 13, 2012
521 East Lawther Drive , Dallas, TX
Echo Theatre presents Echo Reads: Wedding Band - A Love/Hate Story in Black and White by Alice Childress. Directed by Marjorie Hayes.
In the summer of 1918, there is a World War in Europe and a smaller war in South Carolina. Julie is an African-American seamstress. Herman is a Caucasian who has kept company with her for years. As their growing attraction accelerates into an affair, they must deal with the prejudices and wrath of ignorance in early 20th century America.
The performance will be followed by a salon discussion with the director and cast.
Admission is free; donations are welcome.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
See more events classified as:
- Theater review: Flat Stanley is rip-roaring fun for the little ones
- Photos: Happy-go-lucky crowd danced polka to Brave Combo tunes at Arboretum
- Australian Shepherd lost in Casa View Haven neighborhood in Dallas
- Travel Channel names the Dallas Arboretum one of America's top 12 botanical gardens
- Photos: Practically skip a stone on White Rock Lake from this mid-century modern's in-home spa