Echo Reads: Wedding Band
November 13, 2012
521 E. Lawther Drive , Dallas, TX
Echo Theatre presents Echo Reads: Wedding Band - A Love/Hate Story in Black and White by Alice Childress. Directed by Marjorie Hayes.
In the summer of 1918, there is a World War in Europe and a smaller war in South Carolina. Julie is an African-American seamstress. Herman is a Caucasian who has kept company with her for years. As their growing attraction accelerates into an affair, they must deal with the prejudices and wrath of ignorance in early 20th century America.
The performance will be followed by a salon discussion with the director and cast.
Admission is free; donations are welcome.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
See more events classified as:
- DFW reality TV stars to perform in Dallas Arboretum series
- Renovated Stanley Marcus estate used to have orange Formica counters
- Theater review: Jailbait brings sex with a minor to the spotlight
- Photos: Blondes win in heated female-on-female football game
- Review: White Rock Coffee infuses passion with every cup