An Evening of World Music
November 13, 2012
3120 McKinney Ave. , Dallas, TX
$10 - $15
Acclaimed hand drummer and SMU Meadows School of the Arts world music director Jamal Mohamed presents An Evening of World Music.
Mike Block: Multi-genre cellist, composers and educator, Block has performed with Allison Krauss, Edgar Meyer, Lenny Kravitz and Zakir Hussain.
Poovalur Sriji: Grammy-nominated percussionist, Sriji has performed with leading artists from both South and North Indian Classical traditions. He is the founding member of the group Brahma and directs the South Indian Cross Cultural Ensemble at the University of North Texas.
Also featuring Meadows students:
Michael Nesuda - guitar
Kevin Butler - bass
Jackson Butt - percussion
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Bread Winners Cafe and Bakery: $1 off all wine, beer and cocktails
- The Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek: half-price specialty cocktails, beer and glasses of wine
- JR's Bar & Grill: $3.25 wells / $3.25 domestic longnecks / $3.75 Tito's Handmade Vodka / $2.75 select drafts
- Christies Sports Bar: $2.75 domestics, $3.25 wells / free buffet
- The Common Table: $1 off Imperial pints, $1 off bottled beer, $1 off cocktail creations, $1 off wells
See more events classified as:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre