An Evening of World Music
November 13, 2012
3120 McKinney Ave. , Dallas, TX
$10 - $15
Acclaimed hand drummer and SMU Meadows School of the Arts world music director Jamal Mohamed presents An Evening of World Music.
Mike Block: Multi-genre cellist, composers and educator, Block has performed with Allison Krauss, Edgar Meyer, Lenny Kravitz and Zakir Hussain.
Poovalur Sriji: Grammy-nominated percussionist, Sriji has performed with leading artists from both South and North Indian Classical traditions. He is the founding member of the group Brahma and directs the South Indian Cross Cultural Ensemble at the University of North Texas.
Also featuring Meadows students:
Michael Nesuda - guitar
Kevin Butler - bass
Jackson Butt - percussion
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Truluck's: half-price cocktails and 25% off all bottles of wine
- Morton's, The Steakhouse: Power Hour - $5 select wines by glass, $4 select beers, special cocktail of the day
- DISH Restaurant and Lounge: $2 off Specialty Cocktails; $3 all Call Drinks; $3 Domestic Beers; $4 Import Beers; Reduced Priced Select Appetizers
- Christies Sports Bar: $2.75 domestics, $3.25 wells / free buffet
- Urban Taco: Thirsty Thursdays: Half off cocktails, beer, wine and appetizers
See more events classified as:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger