An Evening of World Music
November 13, 2012
3120 McKinney Avenue , Dallas, TX
$10 - $15
Acclaimed hand drummer and SMU Meadows School of the Arts world music director Jamal Mohamed presents An Evening of World Music.
Mike Block: Multi-genre cellist, composers and educator, Block has performed with Allison Krauss, Edgar Meyer, Lenny Kravitz and Zakir Hussain.
Poovalur Sriji: Grammy-nominated percussionist, Sriji has performed with leading artists from both South and North Indian Classical traditions. He is the founding member of the group Brahma and directs the South Indian Cross Cultural Ensemble at the University of North Texas.
Also featuring Meadows students:
Michael Nesuda - guitar
Kevin Butler - bass
Jackson Butt - percussion
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Max's Wine Dive: $3 select Texas beers, $5 select glasses of wine, half-price select bottles of wine
- Stoneleigh P: $2.75 drafts, $3.50 wells
- Jake's Old Fashioned Hamburgers: $3 calls / $2 domestic bottles / $3 schooners / $2 cosmos & appletinis
- Sambuca: Half priced cocktails, wines by the glass, pizzas and appetizers
- Vino 100: Half price wine by the glass
See more events classified as:
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million