Texas Independent Film Network Fall 2012 Program - America’s Parking Lot
November 14, 2012
to 10 PM
5321 East Mockingbird Lane , Dallas, TX
The Dallas Film Society, in association with the Dallas Video Festival, will be partnering with the Texas Independent Film Network (TIFN) to celebrate Texas made films and filmmakers through Fall 2012.
America's Parking Lot - A hit at DIFF 2012, AMERICA’S PARKING LOT, follows two die-hard Dallas Cowboys fans as they come to grips with the the team’s new venue and the ever-increasing costs of attending games. Director Johnny Mars shows how the common fan is shouldered aside in favor of fans with deeper pockets, even at a partially publicly funded stadium.
Jonny Mars is a producer, actor and writer. He recently produced the TEXAS MEETS TILLAMOOK campaign and starred in the award-winning shorts HELLION, which is also a DIFF 2012 selection, and WUSS, which screened at DIFF 2011. Mars also co-starred, co-produced and co-scored THE HAPPY POET. AMERICA’S PARKING LOT marks his directorial debut.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Gloria's: $3 house margaritas, $3 domestic beer, $3 mojitos, $3 sangria, $3.50 imports, $4 swirls, $5 strawberry margaritas, $5 mango margaritas, $5 house wine, $5 Meltdowns
- Barley House: $3 Bloody Marys, $8 domestic pitchers, $12 domestic buckets
- Desperados Mexican Restaurant: $3.25 house margaritas
- WoodFire Kirby's: Half priced liquor, beer and wine by the glass
- OT Tavern: $2.25 draft beer of the month, $2.50 wells, $3 select shots
See more events classified as:
- Theater review: STT adeptly handles dense and dark Gruesome Playground Injuries
- zOMG squee: One Direction pop-up store will open in Dallas
- Restaurant review: DaLat's pho-losophy centers on harmonic eats and stellar drinks
- UPDATED: Open-air burger joint and dog park opens in Uptown Dallas June 19
- Angelika screens LGBT documentary The OUT List on Thursday