November 14, 2012
1909 Woodall Rogers Freeway , #100 , Dallas, TX
In celebration of AIA Dallas’ Home Tour, we’ll screen two films about housing in America: the short film, American Homes, and the documentary The Pruitt-Igoe Myth.
American Homes is a brief animated history of residential architecture in America unfolds while notable figures in the world of design and architecture weigh in on what a house is and can be.
The Pruitt-Igoe Myth looks at the important issue of community housing. Once a sign of hope for the underprivileged, the Pruitt-Igoe housing complex in St. Louis fell into disrepair and was eventually demolished. In this documentary, archival footage and interviews shed light on the legacy and meaning of the project.
We will begin the evening with a reception and light refreshments, followed by the screening at 6:30 p.m. As always, we'll stick around for a few minutes afterwards for a discussion of the film.
$10 donation requested at the door. To RSVP, send e-mail to info@DallasCFA.com.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy