November 14, 2012
1909 Woodall Rogers Freeway , #100 , Dallas, TX
In celebration of AIA Dallas’ Home Tour, we’ll screen two films about housing in America: the short film, American Homes, and the documentary The Pruitt-Igoe Myth.
American Homes is a brief animated history of residential architecture in America unfolds while notable figures in the world of design and architecture weigh in on what a house is and can be.
The Pruitt-Igoe Myth looks at the important issue of community housing. Once a sign of hope for the underprivileged, the Pruitt-Igoe housing complex in St. Louis fell into disrepair and was eventually demolished. In this documentary, archival footage and interviews shed light on the legacy and meaning of the project.
We will begin the evening with a reception and light refreshments, followed by the screening at 6:30 p.m. As always, we'll stick around for a few minutes afterwards for a discussion of the film.
$10 donation requested at the door. To RSVP, send e-mail to info@DallasCFA.com.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Press Box Grill: $3 draft beer pints
- Palomino European Bistro: $4 select beers / $4 select wines / $5 Guinness & Stella Artois / $5 cranberry mojito, pomegranate margarita and candied apple drop
- Truluck's: half-price cocktails and 25% off all bottles of wine
- Morton's, The Steakhouse: Power Hour - $5 select wines by glass, $4 select beers, special cocktail of the day
- T/X Restaurant: $3 domestic beers, $5 house wines, $5 well drinks
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling