Late Night at the DMA: Posters of Paris
November 16, 2012
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
Learn about the celebrities of 19th-century Paris, from Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec to Loïe Fuller and Sarah Bernhardt, as we continue our celebration of Posters of Paris: Toulouse-Lautrec and His Contemporaries with talks, tours, music, performances, and more.
Late Night Lecture - Sarah Bernhardt: Poster Child of the 1890s. 7:00 p.m. Dr. Carol Ockman, Professor of Art History at Williams College and curator of the first major Bernhardt exhibition in the United States, explores the diva's prescient use of posters advertising everything from her stage performances to face powder.
Performances in the Galleries - Lone Star Circus. 8:30, 8:45, and 9:15 p.m. Enjoy exciting performances by Lone Star Circus featuring acrobats, contortionists, and other cirque-style performers as you stroll up and down our Concourse.
Late Night Lecture - Toulouse-Lautrec and the Cult of Celebrity in Fin-de-Siècle Paris. 9:00 p.m. Join Dr. Mary Weaver Chapin, Curator of Graphic Arts at the Portland Art Museum and curator of the Posters of Paris exhibition, as she examines Lautrec's unique contribution to the French poster and the cult of personality in Paris.
Late Night After Hours Music Showcase - Air Review. 9:00 p.m. This Dallas quintet performs dynamic, versatile, and energetic live shows. In 2009 the band released their debut album, Landmarks, and they will release their newest album, America’s Son, later this year. Presented in partnership with KXT 91.7
Late Night Special Performance - M.C. Hanson. 11:00 p.m. Denmark musician M.C. Hanson will perform music off his new album, 3. His music is a blend of folk and rock, and his latest album features Dallas residents Vanessa Peters, Rip Rowan, Milo Deering, and Paul Averitt.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- McKinney Avenue Tavern: $1 off
- Deep Sushi: $3 wells, 1/2 off beer, discount sake / 1/2 off sushi
- Christies Sports Bar: $2.75 domestics, $3.25 wells / free buffet
- The Idle Rich Pub: $1 off all drafts, house drinks, wells, and calls / $2.50 domestic longnecks
- Conspiracy Bar: $4 selected shots, $6.50 mojitos
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy