Opening Reception: Monument to Berezovsky
November 16, 2012
to 9 PM
6101 Bishop Boulevard , Dallas, TX
The artists’ collective DB12 – consisting of Jesse Morgan Barnett, C.J. Davis and Michael Mazurek – unveils a temporary art project in support of the Russian feminist punk-rock group Pussy Riot. In September, three Pussy Riot members were sentenced to two years in prison on hooliganism charges for performing a song denouncing Vladimir Putin in Moscow’s Cathedral of Christ the Savior, a verdict that sparked condemnation in the West. The art project consists of a one-third scale model of the dock in the courtroom occupied by the three defendants during their recent trial in Moscow. The artwork’s title refers to Boris Berezovsky, the self-exiled Russian billionaire who has repeatedly expressed concerns about the lack of civil liberties in Putin’s Russia.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- North Texas Food Bank may be short on funds, but also full of hope
- Photos: Dallas Baptist University is more than just a pretty campus, it's a botanical wonderland
- Dallas food distributor recalls more than 8,000 pounds of pork and beef
- Dallas firefighter died in apartment fire; no residents injured
- Mountain View College men's basketball wins national championship