Rock Lottery Eleven
November 17, 2012
The Rock Lottery premise is simple, but effective: 25 hand picked musicians meet at 10 a.m. at the evening's performance venue. These volunteers are organized into five groups through a lottery-based chance selection. The five separate groups are then released to practice at different locations. The musicians have 12 hours to create a band name and three to five songs (with a one cover-song limit). The groups will then perform what they have created that evening in front of a waiting audience.
$12 in advance, $15 at the door.
$20 for 10 a.m. Selection Ceremony, breakfast, and evening program.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: $3 drafts / $3 house wine by the glass / $3 frozen margaritas
- Greenhouse Restaurant and Bar: $2 Miller Light drafts / $2 wells
- Hooligans: $1.25 Zeigenbock drafts / $1.25 Shiner drafts / $3.50 Texas Teas
- Fry Street Tavern: $3 freezer shots, $2.25, domestic drafts, $2 double wells and tangos, additional daily drink specials
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer
- Bowling For Soup records music video at Denton's Rockin' Rodeo
- Meet Dog Days of Denton's 2014 spokesdog