Cedars Open Studios
November 17, 2012
to 6 PM
1515 S. Harwood St. , Dallas, TX
On Saturday, November 17th, from 12:00 to 6:00 pm, over 40 Dallas artists and businesses will open their doors free to the public as part of the Tenth Annual Cedars Open Studios Tour. Visitors will experience a creative, evolving neighborhood, rich in art, history, food and entertainment, and will see where world-class and up-and-coming artists create their art. The tour features painting, sculpture, ceramics, blown glass, jewelry, textiles, furniture, photography and more.
The Cedars Open Studios gives the public an opportunity to meet the local artists, see their studios and purchase their art. The Cedars neighborhood has been a haven for artists and other creative types for over 20 years. It has recently experienced the beginnings of an urban transformation and has been recently titled “one of the hot new spots to live in Dallas” by the Observer.
The Cedars is located just south of Downtown Dallas and I-30, between I-35 and I-45. Dallas Heritage Village (formerly Old City Park) will serve as the hub for the event, and their gates will be open free to the public along with free parking. South Side on Lamar, Corinth Park, Lee Harvey’s and participating artists will also provide free parking. The DART Cedars Station is within walking distance of numerous artists’ studios.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas