Lost Dallas Walking Tour
November 17, 2012
In conjunction with our Lost Dallas exhibition celebrating author Mark Doty's new book, we will lead a series of special walking tours through downtown. Join Mark and DCFA Program Director Greg Brown on a two hour stroll exploring historic Dallas, both lost and saved. We'll see the Adolphus Hotel and discuss what it replaced and the other hotels that used to dominate the neighborhood. We'll discuss whether or not we "traded up" in some instances; for example, George Dahl's library replacing the Carnegie Library on the same site. And, unfortunately, we'll see parking lots where some of Dallas best buildings, both large and small, used to stand.
The tours will begin at 10:00 a.m. at Main Street Garden at the corner of Main and St. Paul. Copies of Last Dallas will be available for purchase and signing by the author.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day