Opening Reception: Co-Re-Creating Spaces
November 17, 2012
to 10 PM
800 Exposition Ave. , Dallas, TX
Co- Re-Creating spaces surveys how artists are questioning and subverting existing contexts or spaces and contributing to their re-imagining and re-creation. The exhibit recognizes that “reality” itself can be both art medium and art object, and speculates how developments in the virtual and the actual might affect one another.
This exhibition is curated by Carolyn Sortor & Michael A. Morris and will be featuring the work of Morehshin Allahyari; Nadav Assor; Amy Balkin; Aram Bartholl; Zanny Begg & Oliver Ressler; Linda Bilda; Irina Botea; Martha Colburn; Danette Dufilho, Anne Lawrence, Bernie Diaz, et al.; eteam; Cao Fei; Yevgeniy Fiks, Olga Kopenkina, & Alexandra Lerman; Institute for Wishful Thinking; Greg Metz, Kristin Cochran, & Cassandra Emswiler; Martha Rosler; Dread Scott; Yes Lab/Steve Lambert; Karen Weiner.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy