Grapevine’s Christmas Capital of Texas Celebration
November 19, 2012
The City of Grapevine kicks off its renowned Christmas Capital of Texas celebration, which includes more than 1,400 Christmas events in 40-plus days. On Monday, November 19, join Grapevine Mayor William D. Tate as he welcomes jolly Old Saint Nicholas, Tom T. Turkey and the elves to celebrate the first day of the citywide annual celebration. Start off the holiday season with the entire family as Tom T. Turkey is pardoned by the honorable Santa Claus and Mayor Tate. Enjoy a special musical performance by Dallas based national pop artist Bean. Children are invited to dabble in holiday creativity at the ornament making station, meet the World’s Tallest Elf and experience the first snowfall of the year on Grapevine’s Historic Main Street. The first 200 children (under the age of 12) will receive a free North Pole Express hat.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Back Porch Grill & Tavern: $1.50 drafts, $2 wells, domestics & wine, $4.50 frozen margaritas
- Press Box Grill: $2 domestic draft pints, $3 premium draft pints, $3 domestic bottles, $3 wells, $3.50 premium bottles, $4 glasses of wine, $8 domestic draft pitchers, $12 premium draft pitchers
- Tap-In Grill and Pub: $2.50 domestics / $3 Shiner Bock / $3.50 wells / $3.50 house wines
- Skybar Grapevine: 1/2 priced appetizers and drinks
- Esparza's: $5 margaritas and swirls
- Theater review: Leading Ladies serves gold diggers, plot twists and consecutive laughs on a silver spoon
- Video: Slabs of ice rapidly slide off Great Wolf Lodge
- Theater review: Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson will make you love leather pants
- Celebrate Shark Week in real life, in Grapevine
- Theater review: Runway Theatre plays Talking Pictures as a sincere drama with a dash of comedy