Meadows World Music Ensemble
November 20, 2012
6101 Bishop Boulevard , Dallas, TX
The Meadows World Music Ensemble, under the direction of Jamal Mohamed, welcomes guest dancers Millicent Johnnie and Alia Mohamed for an exploration of music and dance from cultures around the globe. The ensemble combines exotic instruments from Africa, Asia and the Middle East with standard Western orchestral instruments to create unique interpretations of traditional folk melodies as well as original compositions. Hot drumming and imaginative improvisation are hallmarks of the group’s concerts.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- Get funky this weekend at Oak Cliff Jazz Fest
- North Texas Food Bank may be short on funds, but also full of hope
- Photos: Dallas Baptist University is more than just a pretty campus, it's a botanical wonderland
- Dallas food distributor recalls more than 8,000 pounds of pork and beef
- Dallas firefighter died in apartment fire; no residents injured