The Forgotten Carols
November 23, 2012
404 East Pipeline Road , Hurst, TX
$9 - $18
A straight-laced nurse is assigned to care for an elderly patient who has a few “psychological problems”. He calls himself “Uncle John” and believes he’s been alive for 2,000 years and has actually met people from the Christmas story that have been “forgotten,” i.e. the innkeeper that turned Joseph and Mary away; the shepherd who fell asleep and missed everything and others. He’s chronicled his encounters with a collection of “forgotten carols” which he sings as he hangs the ornaments he’s collected over the centuries that accompany each unique Christmas song. If only these songs could touch the part of his nurse’s heart that she has long since forgotten.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- Theater review: Artisan Theater Company's production of 42nd Street draws you in and lifts you up
- Theater review: Onstage in Bedford's They're Playing Our Song toe-taps its way into hearts
- Theater review: Artisan Center Theater doesn't shy from the emotions in The Hiding Place
- Theater review: From Kansas to the Big Apple, follow a dreamer in Thoroughly Modern Millie
- Theater review: Onstage in Bedford pulls out a good ol' English farce with Charley's Aunt