National Theatre Live: Timon of Athens
November 28, 2012
3200 Darnell Street , Fort Worth, TX
$10 - $18
Simon Russell Beale takes the title role in Shakespeare's strange fable of consumption, debt and ruin, written in collaboration with Thomas Middleton.
Wealthy friend to the rich and powerful, patron of the arts, and ostentatious host, Timon of Athens is surrounded by freeloaders and sycophants. When he vastly outspends his resources he calls upon his associates, but instead of offering help, they hang him out to dry. After a final, vengeful banquet, Timon withdraws to a literal and emotional wasteland, living off roots and pouring curses on a morally bankrupt Athens.
$18.00 Adults, $15.00 Seniors, $10.00 Students
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Capital Bar: $2.75 Domestics, $3.25 Imports, $1 off cocktails & wine
- The Ginger Man: $1 off most pints and talls
- Pappasito's Cantina: $ 2.95 Bud Light and Miller Lite drafts, $3.95 $6 margaritas, half off Cuervo and Crown Royal shots / $5appetizers
- Chuy's: $2.75 domestic beers, $3.95 house margaritas, $7.50 house Texas martinis
- Gloria's: $3 house margaritas, $3 domestic beer, $3 mojitos, $3 sangria, $3.50 imports, $5 swirls, $5 strawberry margaritas, $5 mango margaritas, $5 house wine, $5 Meltdowns
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- Chef Tim Love: Despite Lonesome Dove fire, "we will reopen stronger"