Reduced Shakespeare Company - The Ultimate Christmas Show
November 29, 2012
301 East 5th Street , Fort Worth, TX
Performing Arts Fort Worth ushers in the holiday season with the hysterical three-man show Reduced Shakespeare: The Ultimate Christmas Show (Abridged) at McDavid Studio, as part of the Broadway Off Bass at McDavid series, on Nov. 28-Dec. 2, 2012. Tickets start at $27.50.
Since forming in 1981, the Reduced Shakespeare Company comedy troupe has created eight world-renown stage shows, two TV specials, several failed TV pilots and numerous radio pieces, all of which have been performed, seen and heard the world over. The company’s itinerary has included stops at the White House, the Kennedy Center, the Lincoln Center, London’s West End, Seattle Repertory Theatre, American Repertory Theatre and Montreal’s famed Just for Laughs Festival.
Reed Martin, one of the Reduced Shakespeare Company’s three performers, said the premise of the company’s Christmas show revolves around a Christmas pageant.
From that premise, the Reduced Shakespeare Company – which also includes Matt Rippy and Austin Tichenor - develops a new, highly unique version of the Twelve Days of Christmas. Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanza and Winter Solstice, look out.
As is the case with other shows in the Broadway Off Bass at McDavid series, there will be plenty of audience participation. "There are so many ways to make new versions of The Twelve Days of Christmas that the audience will help us."
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Taverna: Half-price bottles of wine with purchase from regular menu or specials board
- Scat Jazz Lounge: $2.50 Texas beers, $2.50 domestic beers, $3.50 wells, $5 house martinis, $5 specialty martinis
- T&P Tavern: $2 domestic bottles; $2.75 wells; $4 select wines; $2.75 Bloody Mary Bar, Sangria, Mimosas, Margaritas
- Hyena's Comedy Night Club: $1.50 domestic beers, $2.50 imports, $2.25 wells, $2.75 calls, $3.50 premiums, $4 shots & bombs
- T&P Tavern: $2 domestic bottles, $2.75 wells, $4 select wines
- Totally RAWsome photos of WWE Raw in Fort Worth
- Video: Throwback drive-in movie theater now open in Fort Worth
- Concert review: The Band Perry's tender lyrics were overpowered by loud music at Billy Bob's Texas
- Several DFW bands announced for Dia de los Toadies in Fort Worth
- Theater review: Technophiles must flock to Amphibian Stage Production's The Agony and the Ecstacy of Steve Jobs