Holiday at the Center
November 30, 2012
to 9 PM
2403 Flora St. , Dallas, TX
Lights, music and the holiday spirit will fill the air on Friday, November 30 when the 3rd annual Holiday at the Center Tree Lighting Festival kicks off a month of festivities at the AT&T Performing Arts Center.
Friday night's fun runs from 5 pm – 9 pm in Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park in front of the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House with a life-size snow globe, ice-skating rink, craft booths, free pictures with Santa, food trucks and great entertainment.
KLUV-FM personality Jody Dean will be hosting the evening’s program. Entertainment will be provided by the Dallas String Quartet, Cirque Dreams Holidaze, the Jaime Reyes Trio, Denise Lee, visual artist Rolando Diaz, and other local performance groups.
The giant holiday tree lighting ceremony will begin at 6:40 pm including a special performance from Cirque Dreams Holidaze, this season’s family holiday spectacular Broadway hit, coming to the Center December 18 through December 23 as part of the Lexus Broadway Series. The night's festivities also coincide with The Nutcracker at the Winspear Opera House, a seasonal favorite presented by Texas Ballet Theater, one of the Center's resident companies. It runs November 23 through December 2.
The Holiday at the Center Tree Lighting Festival event is free and open to all ages and is sponsored by Magic Moments. Parking is available for a fee in Lexus Red Parking which is located beneath the Winspear Opera House and in Lexus Silver Parking across Jack Evans from the Wyly Theatre, and beneath Dallas City Performance Hall. All entrances are on Jack Evans Drive.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Two Corks and a Bottle: Half-price glasses of wine (except sparkling)
- Gator's Croc & Roc: $2.75 domestic drafts, $2 off frozen drinks / 1/2 price appetizers at the bar
- Jorge's Tex-Mex Cafe: $6 house margaritas / $5 wells / $5 house wines / $4 import beers / $3 domestic beers
- Iron Cactus: $3 all beer, $3 all wells, $3 small house margaritas, $3 house wines, $5 Mexican Martinis, $5 Texas Teas
- Miguel's Cantina: $3.50 original margaritas / $1 off fruit margaritas / $2.95 wells / $2.95 Mexican beers / $2.50 domestics
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July