Holiday at the Center
November 30, 2012
to 9 PM
2403 Flora Street , Dallas, TX
Lights, music and the holiday spirit will fill the air on Friday, November 30 when the 3rd annual Holiday at the Center Tree Lighting Festival kicks off a month of festivities at the AT&T Performing Arts Center.
Friday night's fun runs from 5 pm – 9 pm in Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park in front of the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House with a life-size snow globe, ice-skating rink, craft booths, free pictures with Santa, food trucks and great entertainment.
KLUV-FM personality Jody Dean will be hosting the evening’s program. Entertainment will be provided by the Dallas String Quartet, Cirque Dreams Holidaze, the Jaime Reyes Trio, Denise Lee, visual artist Rolando Diaz, and other local performance groups.
The giant holiday tree lighting ceremony will begin at 6:40 pm including a special performance from Cirque Dreams Holidaze, this season’s family holiday spectacular Broadway hit, coming to the Center December 18 through December 23 as part of the Lexus Broadway Series. The night's festivities also coincide with The Nutcracker at the Winspear Opera House, a seasonal favorite presented by Texas Ballet Theater, one of the Center's resident companies. It runs November 23 through December 2.
The Holiday at the Center Tree Lighting Festival event is free and open to all ages and is sponsored by Magic Moments. Parking is available for a fee in Lexus Red Parking which is located beneath the Winspear Opera House and in Lexus Silver Parking across Jack Evans from the Wyly Theatre, and beneath Dallas City Performance Hall. All entrances are on Jack Evans Drive.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- McKinney Avenue Tavern: $1 off
- T.G.I. Friday's: $4 Long Island Iced Tea & signature margaritas, $3 premium pint features, $2 domestic pint features, $1 premiums
- Avanti Restaurant Fountain Place: $2.50 Domestic Beers, $3.50 Imported Beers, $4.50 House Wine
- The Common Table: $1 off Imperial pints, $1 off bottled beer, $1 off cocktail creations, $1 off wells
- Tate's: $4 select craft draft beers, $4 glasses of featured red and white wines, $4 well drinks
- Video: The Dram Bar Manager Jasin Burt divulges recipe for Smoking Herb Cocktail
- Erykah Badu headlines free July 26 concert in Dallas -- if you can get in
- Former Dogfish Head brewer will take reins as Deep Ellum's brewmaster
- Photos: Check out these pimped out rides from the Dallas Dub car show
- Breaking news: Frankie's sports bar in Uptown Dallas closed