On the Eve
November 30, 2012
1121 First Avenue , Dallas, TX
$18 - $25
How do you challenge the Powers That Be? How do you shake things up and rail against the status quo? The obvious answer is…you create a new rock musical about a time-traveling hot air balloon, Marie Antoinette, and a would-be hero with a really cool gun.
Yes, On The Eve is the almost entirely true story of Marie Antoinette and the first time machine. With Revolution on the horizon and a husband who is generally lacking, Antoinette turns to a space-busting aeronaut, a crazed scientist, and a beautiful muse to set things right in her kingdom before launching them on their way to a different time to take on Politics, the Church, Science, and a crazy dude in a bowler hat.
After a successful staged reading last November, On the Eve — a new musical by Michael Federico and Home by Hovercraft’s Seth Magill and Shawn Magill — returns this fall to the Margot Jones Theater in the Magnolia Lounge in Dallas’ historic Fair Park for a world premiere production directed by Jeffrey Schmidt.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
See more events classified as:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger