On the Eve
November 30, 2012
1121 First Avenue , Dallas, TX
$18 - $25
How do you challenge the Powers That Be? How do you shake things up and rail against the status quo? The obvious answer is…you create a new rock musical about a time-traveling hot air balloon, Marie Antoinette, and a would-be hero with a really cool gun.
Yes, On The Eve is the almost entirely true story of Marie Antoinette and the first time machine. With Revolution on the horizon and a husband who is generally lacking, Antoinette turns to a space-busting aeronaut, a crazed scientist, and a beautiful muse to set things right in her kingdom before launching them on their way to a different time to take on Politics, the Church, Science, and a crazy dude in a bowler hat.
After a successful staged reading last November, On the Eve — a new musical by Michael Federico and Home by Hovercraft’s Seth Magill and Shawn Magill — returns this fall to the Margot Jones Theater in the Magnolia Lounge in Dallas’ historic Fair Park for a world premiere production directed by Jeffrey Schmidt.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
See more events classified as:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy