Fall ArtsGoggle 2012
October 13, 2012
to 10 PM
100 East Daggett Street , Fort Worth, TX
ArtsGoggle, the twice-yearly celebration of art, artists and music in Fort Worth, Texas’ Near Southside, is expecting another tremendous turnout on Saturday, October 13, 2012 from 4 to 10 pm.
Since its inception in 2003, ArtsGoggle has evolved into a popular festival of the arts in this eclectic neighborhood of historic elegance and urbanism immediately south of the central business district of Fort Worth. This free to the public, family-friendly event attracts a crowd as diverse as the neighborhood itself with live music, artistic displays of every kind, food, drink, and fun for everyone. Public support has increased rapidly, as evidenced by ArtsGoggle’s selection as the Best Gallery Art Show of the Last 12 Months by Fort Worth Weekly readers in 2007 and 2008.
This year 90 businesses in the Near Southside will become art venues and open their doors to show off the work of a variety of local artists. The public is invited to park their cars and rediscover this revitalized urban neighborhood by foot, Molly the Trolley, bicycle or pedi-cab. For the third time, the event will take place on Saturday afternoon instead of Friday evening, with extended hours to allow visitors time to enjoy all the art and music. ArtsGoggle visitors strolling along Magnolia Avenue after dark will see how the recently installed tree lights have transformed that street into one of Fort Worth’s most distinctive destinations, as well as Main Street and Park Place.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Razzoo's Cajun Cafe: $2.25 domestic pints, $3 wells, $3.50 Frozen Hurrycanes and Mardi Ritas, $5 Hurrycane Rocks and Swamp Thangs, half-price appetizers
- Scat Jazz Lounge: $2.50 Texas beers, $2.50 domestic beers, $3.50 wells, $5 house martinis, $5 specialty martinis
- T&P Tavern: $3 domestics, $3.75 well drinks, 20% off bottles of wine
- Embargo: $2 domestics, $2.50 wells, $3 margaritas, $5.75 mojis
- Taverna: $3 Well Drinks, Draught Beer, Bellini, House Red & White Win
- 15 hilariously-named beers at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- Theater review: All’s Well That Ends Well provides both light-hearted comedy and thoughtful reflection
- Theater review: Into the Woods creatively interprets childhood tales
- Theater review: Bank Job takes toilet humor literally
- Theater review: As You Like It by Stolen Shakespeare Guild is foolish and fun