"The world's first and only heavy metal mariachi band"
October 15, 2012
The World’s First And Only Heavy Metal Mariachi Band is scheduled to perform at Trees on Monday October 15th in Dallas TX. Dallas will be the fourth stop on the bands 2012 Fall tour of the Southwest.
Hailing from Hollywood California, Metalachi is a musical/comedy stage show that somehow seamlessly blends the worlds of Spinal Tap and Cheech & Chong into an over-the-top stage spectacle. Metalachi has been performing to sell out crowds throughout the U.S. and internationally for over three years and is considered to be one of the fastest growing shows in the United States.
Metalachi gained critical acclaim when the group was hired to perform at internationally renowned artist Shepard Fairey’s private art show where the group entertained the likes of Billy Idol, Dave Navarro and Owen Wilson. This year alone Metalachi has had the honor of opening for heavy metal royalty Testament, Jackyl and Vinnie Moore (of UFO fame) at the 2012 NAMM convention in Anaheim CA and as the hired entertainment at the 2012 Rockstar Mayhem Festival kick-off party, Metalachi performed for the likes of heavy metal mainstays Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax, Motorhead and more. Quickly becoming a staple on the Los Angeles music scene, Metalachi headlined the official after party for the annual Sunset Strip Music Festival in Los Angeles in 2011 and 2012 and their annual sold-out Cinco De Mayo show at the legendary Roxy Theatre on the Sunset Strip is quickly becoming a Los Angeles institution every May 5th. No stranger to media accolades, Metalachi was spotlighted with a full page article in the September 2012 issue of Playboy Mexico. Metalachi is currently endorsed by Coffin Case, Peavey Electronics, Lucky 13 Clothing, Composite Acoustics and Jagermeister Music.
The group is a 5-piece ensemble of classically trained mariachi musician brothers, that have been fused together with the power of heavy metal. Voted one of the best live shows in Southern California by Examiner.com, Metalachi takes their cues from outrageous stage shows like KISS, Gwar and Rob Zombie with outrageous costumes, stage production, personas and onstage antics. The band features Vega De La Rockha on vocals, Maximilian “Dirty” Sanchez on violin, Poncho Rockafeller on guitarron, Ramon Holiday on guitar, El Cucuy on trumpet and is managed by mysterious impresario Warren Moscow.
Fans can expect an unlikely meshing of metal classics from artist such as Metallica, Slayer, Ozzy Osbourne and more with traditional mariachi standards from the likes of Vicente Fernandez and Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlan ...all played with traditional mariachi instrumentation.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Dallas Comedy House: $3 Wells, $3 Domestics, $4 Wine
- One Eyed Penguin: $3 wells / $3 domestics
- City Tavern: $2 domestic drafts, $3 wells, $2 drafts / 1/2 off appetizers
- Iron Cactus: $3 all beer, $3 all wells, $3 small house margaritas, $3 house wines, $5 Mexican Martinis, $5 Texas Teas
- St. Pete's Dancing Marlin: $2.50 domestics / $3.50 wells / $1 off wines
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day