October 21, 2012
to 12:30 PM
1902 Main Street , Dallas, TX
Chalktober Fest is an idea that was born out of understanding city code 43-22, which says: "You may not deface city sidewalks by placing any marks or signs by stencils or any other means." So, if a kid draws a hopscotch on the ground at a public park, that's considered defacing? Yes, according to the code. Well, that just didn't make any sense to us, especially in public space areas and more especially when it's about having fun. In response, we want to celebrate Dallas by saying great things about it with sidewalk chalk. Or creating other artsy, fun drawings and other inspirational chalkings-of-joy!
The plan is to meet at Main St. Gardens at 10 a.m. and disperse around the city. Sidewalk chalk something nice. Take a picture. Then upload it to Facebook. We've reached out to businesses and local organizations around the city and identified areas where you can chalk to your hearts desire.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy