Denton Day of the Dead Festival
October 27, 2012
to 9 PM
Industrial Street , Denton, TX
This free to the public festival is held the last Saturday in October, 10am-9pm, outside on Industrial & Hickory St. in beautiful Denton. This multicultural event celebrates the many wonders and joys that Fall brings. Mix a little harvest fest, a little Dia De Los Muertos, a little Halloween, and a lot of Denton magic, and you get Denton's Day of the Dead Festival. Lots of music, story telling, dancing and daredevil side show circus acts will entertain you while you enjoy the many arts, crafts and food of local vendors. Games and activities for all ages. Cirque du Horror performs at Dan's at 4:30 and 9 p.m.
9:30 a.m. - Zombie Dash - A "dash for health" around the downtown area.
10:30 a.m. - Festival opens
1 p.m. - Coffin Races on Hickory Street
3:30 p.m. - Salsa tasting
5:30 p.m. - Circus Della Morte
7 p.m. - Twilight Costume Parade
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Fry Street Tavern: $3 freezer shots, $2.25, domestic drafts, $2 double wells and tangos, additional daily drink specials
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $10 buckets / $2.50 wells
- J&J's Pizza: $2 domestics, $0.50 off everthing else
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
- The Loophole Courthouse Pub: $1 domestic drafts
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer