2012 Naturally Isis World Natural Hair Parade and Festival
September 1, 2012
to 7 PM
655 West Illinois Avenue , Dallas, TX
With Dallas’ own Erykah Badu as the Grand Marshall, this year’s parade and festival is in honor of the late Bandele Tyiemba, founder of Pan-African Connection Books and Imports as well as bringing awareness to the killers of the African American community - sickle cell, cancer and AIDS.
The parade will promptly begin at 10:30 a.m. at the Wynne Wood Shopping Center in Dallas and end at the Beckley-Saner Park where the festival will start at 12:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. There will be live entertainment, hands on braiding workshops, children activities, speakers and poets, fun and a host of vendors selling items and food.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or (214) 329-3820.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Pictured: Erykah Badu performing
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- Photos: Homegrown hopmasters debut new beers at Brew Riot in Oak Cliff
- Sample 150 craft beers from local homebrewers at Oak Cliff's Brew Riot
- What do you think Lee Harvey Oswald's Oak Cliff home is worth?
- Bike ride, concert, and art auction honors Oak Cliff mover and shaker Jason Roberts
- Video: Mayor Rawlings reveals plans to turn Jefferson Tower into retail and residential hub