2012 Bedford Blues and BBQ Festival
on the grounds adjacent to City Hall
September 2, 2012
Premier blues artists Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Keb’ Mo’ will headline the 2012 Bedford Blues & BBQ Festival Sept. 1 & 2. The legendary blues musicians lead an impressive lineup of local talent at the event sponsored by Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford.
The incendiary Kenny Wayne Shepherd takes the stage at 9 p.m. Sat., Sept. 1 and the sweet, soulful sounds of Keb’ Mo’ close out the festival at 9 p.m. Sun. Sept. 2. Gates open at 2 p.m. each day with a steady stream of talent playing the outdoor venue across the street from the Bedford City Hall Complex, 2000 Forest Ridge Dr.
Hot guitar licks aren’t the only things smoking during the two-day event. BBQ pit masters from across the country will compete for prize money in a cook-off sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society. Entry forms and complete details are available online: www.bedfordbluesbbq.com.
The venue across the street from the Bedford City Hall Complex features plenty of trees and a large BBQ cook-off area. Guests who want even more shade have the option of enjoying the festival in a private Party Cabana or the Party Tent.
One-day general admission is $5 (cash only at the gate), kids 5 and under are admitted free. Reserved seating is $25, $17 for kids 3-5. Kids under 3 can sit free in an adult's lap. Parking is $10.
Pictured: Keb Mo photo by Meghan Aileen Schirmer
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Theater review: Artisan Theater Company's production of 42nd Street draws you in and lifts you up
- Theater review: Onstage in Bedford's They're Playing Our Song toe-taps its way into hearts
- Theater review: Artisan Center Theater doesn't shy from the emotions in The Hiding Place
- Theater review: From Kansas to the Big Apple, follow a dreamer in Thoroughly Modern Millie
- Theater review: Onstage in Bedford pulls out a good ol' English farce with Charley's Aunt