First Tuesday: Back to School
September 4, 2012
to 5 PM
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
General admission to the Museum is free on the first Tuesday of every month. First Tuesday programming is specifically designed for children ages five and under, but all ages are welcome. Enjoy thematic art-making activities, story times, performances, and gallery activities.
PE class - 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., Fleischner Courtyard. Crawl through a tunnel, jump through hoops, and zigzag your way through an obstacle course.
art class - 11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m., Art Studio, C3. Drop in and turn school supplies into a work of art.
music class - 11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m., Arturo’s Nest, C3. Make a melody with rhythm instruments in our play area just for children under 4.
math class - 11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m., Tech Lab, C3. Test your math skills and use Legos to build towers and create shapes.
drama class: storyART with Ann Marie - 11:30 a.m.–noon, C3 Theater. Join award-winning storyteller Ann Marie Newman for stories and songs based on works in the Museum’s collection.
history class: meet the artists family tour - 12:15–12:45 p.m., Meet at the C3 entrance. Discover fun facts from lives of the artists in this interactive tour of the Museum’s collection led by education staff.
reading class: story time with the Dallas Public Library - 1:00–1:30 p.m., C3 Theater. Listen to enchanting stories told by our librarian friends and participate in an Every Child Ready to Read mini-workshop.
science class: Wishing for Wings with the Dallas Arboretum - 1:30–2:00 p.m., Horchow Auditorium. Learn about the butterfly’s life cycle in this interactive presentation with larger-than-life models, a puppet show, and costumes.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- The Ginger Man: $1 off most pints and talls
- The Common Table: $1 off Imperial pints, $1 off bottled beer, $1 off cocktail creations, $1 off wells
- Vino 100: Half price wine by the glass
- Wild Salsa: $3.50 all beers, $4 wells, $4 margaritas, $5 mojitos
- El Fenix Mexican Restaurant: $6 margaritas; $1 off all liquor
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair