Aesthetics and The City (CANCELED)
September 8, 2012
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
Dallas Architecture Forum is presenting a moderated panel discussion called Aesthetics and the City on Saturday, September 8 at 2:30 p.m. Krys Boyd, of KERA's "Think," will be the moderator. Admission is free.
The difficult issues raised by the construction of Museum Tower and its real effect on Dallas Arts District neighbor the Nasher Sculpture Center open many questions as to legal development rights of a property owner in Texas and larger civic and even cultural responsibility. At what point should the built environment be held to a higher standard? Should the City itself be the arbiter of such criteria and, if so, by what mechanism? Is an Arts District, or any other site of cultural import, a sensitive context requiring special legal protections or tools such as an Environmental Impact Statement? What are the limits of a "pro-development" mindset? Panelists including Veletta Lill, Executive Director of the Dallas Arts District, and architect Vel Hawes will join moderator Krys Boyd to discuss these very important issues.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Sfuzzi: $1 off all drinks, half-price pizza
- The Common Table: $1 off Imperial pints, $1 off bottled beer, $1 off cocktail creations, $1 off wells
- Press Box Grill: $1 off all draft beers
- Five Sixty: Five varying drink options for $5.60 each
- One Eyed Penguin: $5 Enchanted Rock Bloody Marys / $5 Penguin Piss
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv
- Wing Bucket to open in Downtown Dallas, with PB&J wings on menu
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park