Gluten and Allergen Free Expo
benefiting Group of Greater Dallas
September 8, 2012
To spare those on special diets another day of hockey-puck provisions, the Gluten & Allergen Free Expo (www.gfafexpo.com), September 8 - 9, 2012, is bringing the nation’s leading chefs, best-selling cookbook authors, and highly regarded nutrition and health experts to the Dallas area to help people learn how to prepare healthy, tasty meals and baked goods without gluten and some of the most common allergens. Plus, there are over 100 vendors, so attendees can sample products before buying them at the store.
Open to the general public, the event features themed cooking sessions that will enlighten both beginners and more experienced amateur chefs, as well as a vendor fair, where attendees will meet and sample among more than 100 gluten-free companies, under one roof. A portion of the event proceeds will benefit the Gluten Intolerance Group of Greater Dallas (dfwceliac.org). All of the vendors are 100 percent gluten free and many also will showcase products free of the top eight allergens: milk, egg, peanut, tree nut, fish, shellfish, soy and wheat. The Expo will include a dedicated area up front featuring nut-free products.
The cost to attend the Vendor Fair is $20 for adults and children 3 - 12 admission is $5.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Casting call: GSN's American Bible Challenge seeks holy braniacs
- Photos: Animal House moviegoers pull out paddles during Alamo Drafthouse showing
- Photos: Former Dallas Cowboy Bob Breunig's cozy estate for sale at $1.2 million
- Restaurant review: TJ's Fresh Seafood Market makes the heartiest lobster roll in town
- Photos: See people scarfing sugary sweets at St. Mark's Cupcake Camp