Lesbian Gay Band Association
September 15, 2012
Two hundred musicians from the Lesbian Gay Band Association (LGBA) conference being hosted by the Oak Lawn Band will present music for concert band at the Majestic Theatre on Saturday, September 15. The LGBA is celebrating its 30th Anniversary in Dallas. Local Dallas comedian, Paul J. Williams, will guest host the concert and the Turtle Creek Chorale will be special guests performing with the mass band. LGBA members hail from thirty-eight (38) member bands and organizations across the country and internationally. The Oak Lawn Band is the host band, for this year’s conference and a proud founding member of LGBA.
The theme for this year’s concert is Go West With a Twist, featuring music reflective of America’s advance west and a nod to their Texas roots. As a part of the LGBA anniversary celebration, a new work by young composer, Michael Markowski, was commissioned by LGBA and will premier at this event. The band will also be performing “San Antonio Dances” by very popular Texas composer, Frank Tichelli, from his work TEX MEX ON THE RIVERWALK, among other selections.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- St. Pete's Dancing Marlin: $2.50 domestics / $3.50 wells / $1 off wines
- Hoffbrau Steaks: $2 beer on tap
- Tuk Tuk Asian Cuisine: $3 beer, $3.50 wine
- The Living Room Bar: Yappy Hour Tuesdays: A dog gets you half off specially themed cocktails normally running $10 to $12
- Campisi's: $2.50 domestics, $3.25 imports, $2.50 wine, $3 margaritas & wells
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair