PARK(ing) Day Dallas 2012
September 21, 2012
to 7 PM
, Dallas, TX
PARK(ing) Day Dallas 2012 will begin at 11:00am on Friday, September 21st and focus on parking space transformations in two areas of downtown Dallas: the Main Street District (along Main Street) and the Commercial Center (along Harwood Street). Entertainment and activities focused in each of these areas will enhance street life and bring the larger community together. A PARK(ing) Day After-Party will continue activities at Thanks-Giving Square (6:00–9:00pm) - a central location in the heart of downtown.
In 2011, local organizations and citizens temporarily transformed over 50 parking spots into active performance stages, reading lounges, pop-up museums, and other spaces for people to enjoy. See photos of last year's event.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Reno's Chop Shop Saloon: $2.50 Wells, $2.50 Domestic Beers
- Fedora Northern Italian: $5 pear martini, $5 glasses of red and white wine varieties
- TePheJez (Closed): changes weekly
- Adair's Saloon: $6 pitchers, $1.75 singles, $2.25 cans
- Avanti Restaurant Fountain Place: $2.50 Domestic Beers, $3.50 Imported Beers, $4.50 House Wine
- Concert review: Meyerson transformed into Bourbon Street with Preservation Hall Band's Christmas show
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park