PARK(ing) Day Dallas 2012
September 21, 2012
to 7 PM
, Dallas, TX
PARK(ing) Day Dallas 2012 will begin at 11:00am on Friday, September 21st and focus on parking space transformations in two areas of downtown Dallas: the Main Street District (along Main Street) and the Commercial Center (along Harwood Street). Entertainment and activities focused in each of these areas will enhance street life and bring the larger community together. A PARK(ing) Day After-Party will continue activities at Thanks-Giving Square (6:00–9:00pm) - a central location in the heart of downtown.
In 2011, local organizations and citizens temporarily transformed over 50 parking spots into active performance stages, reading lounges, pop-up museums, and other spaces for people to enjoy. See photos of last year's event.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Truluck's: half-price food from the lounge menu
- Morton's, The Steakhouse: Power Hour - $5 select wines by glass, $4 select beers, special cocktail of the day
- Avanti Restaurant Fountain Place: $2.50 Domestic Beers, $3.50 Imported Beers, $4.50 House Wine
- Hoffbrau Steaks: $2 beer on tap
- Palomino European Bistro: $4 select beers / $4 select wines / $5 Guinness & Stella Artois / $5 cranberry mojito, pomegranate margarita and candied apple drop
- Photos: Check out these pimped out rides from the Dallas Dub car show
- Breaking news: Frankie's sports bar in Uptown Dallas closed
- UPDATED: Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. adds lunch menu
- Photos: Two hotrod chefs team up at FT33 for an intriguing nine-course dinner
- With Dallas Farmers Market not under city control, what happens to Pecan Lodge?