Knox Strasse (UPDATED)
September 29, 2012
to 11 AM
Travis Street and Knox Street , Dallas, TX
UPDATE:Saturday's events have been postponed to Sunday due to rain. Here's the new schedule...
10AM to 3PM - Knox Strasse Urban Market, 3311 Knox, one block off Katy trail.
Music: 3311 Knox, one block off Katy trail
12pM – 4PM – Boys Named Sue
4PM – TBA
5PM – Grant Jones
6PM – Dead Mockingbirds
7PM-9PM – Le Cure
Group Bike Ride:
1PM - Dallas Cycle Style, Leaving from Main Street Garden Park, 1900 Main Street
2PM – 4PM - Provided by Bicycles Plus, Apple Store, 3101 Knox
10AM - Coffee from houndstoothcoffee.com, Waffles from the Belgian Waffle Co. 3311 Knox, one block off Katy trail.
Knox Dallas has been chosen as the first area in Dallas to have a "Complete Street" fully equipped with a bike lane. Join us September 27-30 to experience Knox Strasse, a demonstration and celebration of what the new bicycle-friendly Knox will look like once the project is complete.
In the spirit of making Knox a more inviting place to walk, bike and drive, come see a glimpse of what’s in store for Knox Street and give us your valuable opinion while you enjoy a bier garten, market, and parklet during Knox Strasse.
Thursday, September 27
7 a.m. - Cycle track demonstration opens
4 to 10 p.m. - “Build a Better Block” party
Friday, September 28
6 to 11 p.m. - La Grange and Stash Design bier garten and live music
7 p.m. - Interactive public art
Saturday, September 29
7 to 10 a.m. - Coffee and Crepes on the Katy Trail at Knox Street
10 to 11 a.m. - Interactive public art mural
3 to 11 p.m. - La Grange and Stash Design bier garten and live music
4 p.m. - Dallas Cycle Style Ride
Sunday, September 30
8 to 10 a.m. - Coffee and Crepes on the Katy Trail at Knox Street
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Knox Strasse Urban Market
Noon to 4 p.m. - La Grange and Stash Design bier garten and live music
Information submitted by a PegNews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Nosh Euro Bistro: $4 domestics / $5 select imports / $6 select glasses of wine / $5 cocktails
- Sushi Zushi: $3 select signature cocktails / $3.50 wells / $1 off select drafts / $5 Red Diamond Merlot / $5 Penfold's Chardonnay / $3 10oz. hot sake / $7 Sho Chiku Bai Nigori Masu ($5 refills) / $7 Gekkeikan Haiku Masu ($5 refills)
- Chuy's: $2.50 domestics, $3.50 house margaritas, $6.75 house Texas martinis
- Sangria Tapas y Bar: $3 wells, house wines, and sangrias
- Knox Street Pub and Grill: $1.50 PBR pints / $3 drafts / $3 wells / $3 domestic bottles
- Comedy recap: Raunchy Dustin Diamond sure isn't squeaky Screech Powers anymore
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville