White Rock Local Market Chili Showdown
to 12:30 PM
702 North Buckner Boulevard , Dallas, TX
The third annual White Rock Local Market Chili Showdown will take place Saturday, April 27 at The Green Spot on North Buckner Boulevard. Twenty teams will provide tastings to the public for $7 per person from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Celebrity guests including Corby Davidson, co-host of Hardline (1310 The Ticket), Josh Yingling co-owner of Goodfriend Beer Garden and Burger House and Daniel Vaughn aka “BBQ Snob,” author and BBQ editor of Texas Monthly will judge the competition and decide winners within the categories of Vegetarian, Spicy, Traditional, Wild Card and Best Booth Design.
Proceeds from this event will benefit programs offered by WRLM including Love Your Farmer volunteer days, Sprouting Healthy Kids - a hands-on gardening and nutrition after school program, and White Rock Local Garden.
Entry fee is $50 per team. Deadline for registration is April 22 and participation is limited. To register go to whiterocklocalmarket.org, email email@example.com or pick-up at the information desk at White Rock Local Markets.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- DFW reality TV stars to perform in Dallas Arboretum series
- Renovated Stanley Marcus estate used to have orange Formica counters
- Theater review: Jailbait brings sex with a minor to the spotlight
- Photos: Blondes win in heated female-on-female football game
- Review: White Rock Coffee infuses passion with every cup