White Rock Local Market Chili Showdown
April 27, 2013
to 12:30 PM
702 North Buckner Boulevard , Dallas, TX
The third annual White Rock Local Market Chili Showdown will take place Saturday, April 27 at The Green Spot on North Buckner Boulevard. Twenty teams will provide tastings to the public for $7 per person from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Celebrity guests including Corby Davidson, co-host of Hardline (1310 The Ticket), Josh Yingling co-owner of Goodfriend Beer Garden and Burger House and Daniel Vaughn aka “BBQ Snob,” author and BBQ editor of Texas Monthly will judge the competition and decide winners within the categories of Vegetarian, Spicy, Traditional, Wild Card and Best Booth Design.
Proceeds from this event will benefit programs offered by WRLM including Love Your Farmer volunteer days, Sprouting Healthy Kids - a hands-on gardening and nutrition after school program, and White Rock Local Garden.
Entry fee is $50 per team. Deadline for registration is April 22 and participation is limited. To register go to whiterocklocalmarket.org, email email@example.com or pick-up at the information desk at White Rock Local Markets.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Lakewood Brewing Co. serves up tequila barrel-aged beers this weekend
- Check out the Dallas Arboretum's spring flowers for just $5
- Theater review: Come on into Echo Room, the temporary club in Bath House Cultural Center
- "Underground House" in East Dallas reduced to $870,000