Buster Cooper’s 90th Birthday Celebration
August 31, 2013
to 4 PM
909 1st Avenue , Dallas, TX
$20 - $35
One of the brightest and beloved stars in the dance community, Buster Cooper is turning 90 years young in August. To celebrate Mr. Cooper’s 90 years, Michael Jenkins and the Musical Hall at Fair Park and Dance Council of North Texas are hosting a birthday celebration on Saturday, August 31st to look back at his professional and personal milestones, enjoy his choreography in a short performance, savor the hors d'oeuvres in the M Dining room, and toast the man himself. One of the country's leading authorities in jazz and tap, Buster Cooper at one time had six former students appearing simultaneously on Broadway, two with lead roles in A Chorus Line, two in 42nd Street, and one in the Broadway Show Cats. Mr. Cooper has taught more than 200,000 students in his 55 year career, and has choreographed more than 1,700 dance numbers over his lifetime.
Contact Gina Carrico at email@example.com for payment information.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Pictured: Buster Cooper, 90, front, joined in on the finale of the National Tap Dance Celebration outside of Fair Park Musical on Thursday, May 23, 2013. Photo by Rex C. Curry/Special Contributor.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger