December 5, 2013
100 S. Central Expressway , Suite 14 , Richardson, TX
This showing of LAWLESS is in celebration of the 80th anniversary of the repeal of prohibiton - December 5th, 1933! The film will be paired with a conversation with Matt Bondurant, author of the Prohibition-era historical novel "The Wettest County in the World" - the book in which LAWLESS is adpated from. Bondurant's grandfather, Jack Bondurant, and two grand-uncles ran a massive moonshining operation in the mountains of southwest Virginia and are the subject of his novel and the film.
We're also turning back the clock in Glass Half-Full to make it a proper Prohibition party, complete with Prohibition-era cocktails, moonshine, 1930's music, 'Meet The Distiller' with Herman Marshall Whiskey and more. So come early from 7:00p to 8:00p to get your illegal drink on.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Chili's Grill & Bar: $2 (16 oz) & $3 (23 oz) domestic drafts, $3.99 margaritas, $2.50 wells, $3 house wine
- Rocky's Bar & Grill: $1 off all liquor, $2.50 domestics, $2 longnecks
- Bone Daddy's House of Smoke: $1 off drafts & wells
- Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen: $1 off drafts, $1 off margaritas, $1 off hurricanes / $4.95 cold boiled shrimp
- Betchee's Brazil: $2 cans, $2.50 bottles, $3 caipirinhas
See more events classified as:
- Cheap Trick, Kool and the Gang and Joan Jett to headline Wildflower fest in Richardson
- Theater review: Moon Over Buffalo in Richardson is a two-hour laugh fest
- Restaurant review: MoMo Italian Kitchen in Dallas is steeped in delicious tradition
- New barbecue joint coming to Richardson, says Chili's founder
- Concert review: Willie Nelson keeps rolling, with Asleep at the Wheel joining him