MetroPCS Dallas Marathon 2013 (CANCELED)
formerly the Dallas White Rock Marathon
December 8, 2013
650 S. Griffin St. , Dallas, TX
UPDATE: The safety of our participants, as well as our volunteers and spectators, is our primary concern on MetroPCS Dallas Marathon race weekend. We met this morning with officials from the City of Dallas, Dallas Police Department and the Office of Special Events to assess the situation. Due to current weather conditions, and forecasted conditions for Saturday and Sunday, as of today at 12:40 p.m., the decision has been collaboratively made to cancel the 2013 MetroPCS Dallas Marathon. We regret that the race will not go on as planned, but are confident this decision is in the best interest of our runners, volunteers, spectators and the general public. Additionally, the MetroPCS Dallas Marathon Health & Fitness Expo for Friday and Saturday has been canceled.
See a list of viewing points for spectators.
Race day schedule:
6:00 a.m. Corrals open
7:15 a.m First Relay Bus departs
7:30 a.m. Start Ceremonies Begin
7:45 a.m Corrals close
7:55 a.m. Wheelchair Start
8:05 a.m. Marathon, Half Marathon & 5-Person Relay races start
8:45 a.m. Start Line closes
10 a.m. Live entertainment begins at the Post Race Party near the convention center
3:00 p.m. Finish Line closes
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Dakota's Steakhouse: $2 Bud Light draft, $2.50 margaritas, $3 well drinks, $3.50 Bellinis, $3.50 house wines
- Brooklyn Jazz Cafe (Closed): $3 martinis
- TePheJez (Closed): changes weekly
- Avanti Restaurant Fountain Place: $2.50 Domestic Beers, $3.50 Imported Beers, $4.50 House Wine
- RJ Mexican Cuisine: $4.00 Margaritas
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- See new Toadies documentary Monday at the Kessler
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger