What Made Milwaukee Famous / The Blurries / Calhoun
The Blurries and Calhoun are from North Texas.
What Made Milwaukee Famous has been a stalwart of the Austin music scene since their inception in 2003. The three original members, Michael Kingcaid (vocals, guitar, keyboards), John Farmer (bass), and Jason Davis (guitars, vocals), each bring a diverse range of influences to the table, allowing them to seamlessly shift between genres at the drop of a hat. With the release of their first two records, Trying to Never Catch Up and What Doesn't Kill Us on Seattle's Barsuk imprint, the band has been touted for their abilities to channel strong musicianship and diverse song-writing into instantly, addictive hooks.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy