First Fridays at the Farm (CANCELED)
Grapevine’s Nash Farm introduces a new series of educational experiences entitled First Fridays at the Farm. Starting in February 2013, Nash Farm will host a monthly family-friendly series of educational experiences designed to teach life skills that were important to a Texas farm in the 19th century.
Daily life in the late 19th century Texas required knowledge of a number of skills, methods and even recipes that will be demonstrated during the monthly sessions. The Nash Farmhands will be working with participants at the sessions to teach these life skills. Each month features a different theme and a participation fee of $3 per person is required. All sessions are scheduled for 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The session schedule for 2013 is:
· Foodways, February 1
· Urban Homesteading, March 1
· Textiles, April 5
· Farm Fun, May 3
· Crops, June 7
· Keeping Cool, July 5
· Cotton, August 2
· Craftsmanship, September 6
· Campfire Cooking, October 4
· Textiles, November 1
· Farm Fun, December 6 (CANCELED)
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Press Box Grill: $2 domestic draft pints, $3 premium draft pints, $3 domestic bottles, $3 wells, $3.50 premium bottles, $4 glasses of wine, $8 domestic draft pitchers, $12 premium draft pitchers
- Esparza's: $5 margaritas and swirls
- Main Event Entertainment (Grapevine): $2 pints / $3 highballs / $3 margaritas / $3 select wines / $4 Red Bull bombs / $5 Puckertinis
- Kirby's Steakhouse: $5 & $8 premium martinis / $5 select red & white wines / $2.75 select bottled beers / $2 off premium spirits
- El Fenix Mexican Restaurant: $1 off all liquor
- Theater review: Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson will make you love leather pants
- Celebrate Shark Week in real life, in Grapevine
- Theater review: Runway Theatre plays Talking Pictures as a sincere drama with a dash of comedy
- Grapevine shop hosts royal baby watch party
- UPDATED: Grapevine Craft Brewery will open in April 2014