First Fridays at the Farm (CANCELED)
February 1, 2013
Grapevine’s Nash Farm introduces a new series of educational experiences entitled First Fridays at the Farm. Starting in February 2013, Nash Farm will host a monthly family-friendly series of educational experiences designed to teach life skills that were important to a Texas farm in the 19th century.
Daily life in the late 19th century Texas required knowledge of a number of skills, methods and even recipes that will be demonstrated during the monthly sessions. The Nash Farmhands will be working with participants at the sessions to teach these life skills. Each month features a different theme and a participation fee of $3 per person is required. All sessions are scheduled for 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The session schedule for 2013 is:
· Foodways, February 1
· Urban Homesteading, March 1
· Textiles, April 5
· Farm Fun, May 3
· Crops, June 7
· Keeping Cool, July 5
· Cotton, August 2
· Craftsmanship, September 6
· Campfire Cooking, October 4
· Textiles, November 1
· Farm Fun, December 6 (CANCELED)
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Pluckers Wing Bar: $1 off 34oz mugs, $1 off Seriously Fresh Margaritas
- Outback Steakhouse: $1 off wells, house wine, drafts, margaritas
- Chili's Grill & Bar: $2 (16 oz) & $3 (23 oz) domestic drafts, $3.75 margaritas, $2.50 wells, $3 house wine
- Boston's The Gourmet Pizza: $2 domestic pints, $5 drafts (32 oz), $3 margaritas, $2 wells
- Big Fish Seafood Grill & Bar: $2 domestic bottle or draft beers, $3 house wine & well drinks
- Theater review: Leading Ladies serves gold diggers, plot twists and consecutive laughs on a silver spoon
- Del Frisco's Grille in Southlake opened just before the New Year
- Video: Slabs of ice rapidly slide off Great Wolf Lodge
- Theater review: Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson will make you love leather pants
- Theater review: Runway Theatre plays Talking Pictures as a sincere drama with a dash of comedy