First Tuesday: Material Mania
to 2 PM
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
First Tuesday programming is specifically designed for children ages five and under, but all ages are welcome. Enjoy thematic art-making activities, story times, performances, and gallery activities.
art-making activity - 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., C3 Art Studio. Drop in and try our zany materials challenge! Use everything from toothpicks and cotton balls to sugar cubes and wire to create a work of art.
meet Arturo - 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Arturo’s Nest. Say hello to Arturo, the Museum’s family mascot. Don’t forget to write him a letter.
material exploration stations - 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Tech Lab. Use play dough, soap, fabric, and paper to experiment with the many materials artists use.
storyART with Ann Marie - 11:30 a.m. – noon, C3 Theater. Join award-winning storyteller Ann Marie Newman for stories and songs based on works in the Museum’s collection.
tools of the trade family tour - 12:15 – 12:45 p.m., Meet at the Center for Creative Connections entrance. Explore art made from toothpicks, paint poured on the floor, and a wall of plastic wrap as we learn about the materials artist use in this interactive tour led by education staff.
story time with the Dallas public library - 1:00 – 1:30 p.m., C3 Theater. Listen to enchanting stories told by our librarian friends and participate in an Every Child Ready to Read mini-workshop.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Jorge's Tex-Mex Cafe: $3 Frozen Mimosas (regular, guava and mango)
- Renfield's Corner: $1 off draughts / $1 off house drinks / $1 off wells / $1 off calls / $2.50 domestic longnecks
- Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse: $2 drafts and $2.50 wine
- The Common Table: $1 off Imperial pints, $1 off bottled beer, $1 off cocktail creations, $1 off wells
- McKinney Avenue Tavern: $1 off
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day